Friday, August 25, 2006

Weekend euchre tournament

Euchre QOD: “All wins should be appreciated.

Euchre Haiku:
You sign yourself up
Get good cards and play them right
You too can be champ.

Euchre Palaver
“Hole card” – This is just another way to say upcard. Personally, the folks here at the Euchre Universe prefer upcard.

Euchre Universe Update
This weekend is the big Merkle’s Euchre Tournament. My wife and I will be playing as partners and trying to win it all. I can’t wait. It’ll be more fun than the 20 miles of joggling that I’ll be doing that morning. It’s been a long time since I’ve played tournament euchre. I think I’ve learned a fair amount about playing the game and my wife is really pretty good. If the cards don’t turn against us, we have a great chance for winning. I don’t know what the prizes are but it doesn’t matter. Anytime you can win anything you should feel fortunate. At least I do. I’ll keep you posted as to how it went.

Euchre on the Web
If you’re looking for a free euchre program here is one from DreamQuest software. I haven’t tried it out yet but you can’t beat the price.

No comments: