Thursday, May 04, 2006

Euchre on the Web - What do those acronyms mean?

Euchre QOD: “Bare trumps are barely useful”

Euchre Haiku:
One large lonely trump
If not big enough to win
It will be stripped soon

Euchre Palaver
“Bare Trump” – This is a singleton trump that is not the highest in play. As soon as trump is led, this card will be taken. It is the opposite of a “Guarded Trump”.

Heard it online
I was playing Yahoo! euchre and noticed in the chat all kinds of shorthand for various sayings. Here is a list of what I could figure out…

gg – Good Game
gl – Good Luck
glp – Good Luck Partner
gla – Good Luck All
gj – Good Job
gjp – Good Job Partner
lol – Laugh out loud
n - Nice
nh – Nice Hand
npp – Nice playing partner
ty - Thank you
typ – Thank you partner

If you have a list of more, please leave a comment. I’d love to know what all of these acronyms mean.

Euchre Lit
“The enthusiasm for the dance, which the Vannis had kindled, did not at once die out. After the tent left town, the Euchre Club became the Owl Club, and gave dances in the Masonic Hall once a week. I was invited to join, but declined.” My Antonia, Willa Sibert Cather, 1918

1 comment:

Perry said...

That's a pretty funny post. I especially love the chimp pictures. I wonder who the rubber chicken looks like.